Cost Price Analyst
Cost Price Analyst – Pacoima, CA
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
This position is required to regularly review and update all of products pricing and related costing. This position reports to the Director of Finance and will have a dotted line reporting to the Director of Sales. The Cost Price Analyst will perform various pricing, costing and related accounting tasks as listed in the essential job functions. This individual must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in ways that foster good relationships with vendors, customers, co-workers and supervisors, while achieving and enhancing performance standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Establish selling prices on newly developed products using the unit pricing module of the FABS (Food and Beverage System) based on input from the R&D and Sales departments.
- Periodically review and proactively update of all products pricing prior to expiration date. The review should be conducted whereby all products are reviewed a minimum of one time per year, or as needed, depending upon market conditions and trends.
- Update the Sales Quote System regularly based on demand from new customer purchase orders and from the Sales Team quotes and complete the updates within 24 hours.
- Assist in the establishment and maintenance of proper volume discount programs/systems.
- Working with the Purchasing and R&D Teams, stay up-to-date on market and seasonal conditions (supply/demand) of various commodity products/ingredients and anticipate trends to adjust pricing accordingly at the right time.
- Update and maintain the unit-costing module of FABS by reviewing the daily AFF purchasing and external market data.
- Collect and analyze the material costs of the purchased raw materials and production process costs.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a Standard Material and Labor Costing System.
- Analyze and report on the sales volumes (in lbs.), gross margin calculations, and profitability trends.
- Assist in the monthly accounting close relating to COGS and inventory valuations & reserves.
- Bachelor’s degree (Managerial Accounting Degree preferred)
- Strong skills with MRP systems and Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Experience in working with and managing large databases.
- Proficient in accounting, statistics, charting, and trend analyses
- 3 years of general and/or cost accounting experience (standard costing environment preferred)
- Strong acumen with numbers, analysis, systems, and pricing/costing concepts
- Excellent interpersonal skills (both written and verbal) to work together with various departments
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy & quality of work
- Must report to any company facility according to company need, sometimes with same-day notice.