Assistant Research Chemist l
American Fruits and Flavors continues to grow and so are the great opportunities within! We are currently looking for a Assistant Research Chemist l to join our winning team. The RACM has to be a "critical thinker" who can operate with autonomy, embrace accountability and has a mindset for continuous improvement. AFF offers a great working environment, competitive salary, stability and potential growth.
General Description of Duties
The Assistant Research Chemist I Performs experiments under direct supervision. Prepares finished product samples under direct supervision of an Associate-or-above level Research Chemist. Assists Research Chemists in daily work assignments. Reports to the Director of Technical Projects but also receives specific instructions from Research Chemists. Has internal contacts with Product Development, Quality Control and Production regarding resources, production and quality procedures. This individual must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in ways that foster good relationships with vendors, customers, co-workers and supervisors, while achieving and enhancing performance standards.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepares and Performs experiments under direct supervision. Maintains accurate records, documentation and reports of incoming raw materials and their organoleptic evaluations.
- Performs shelf-life studies and stability testing on products as outlined per study protocol.
- Compounds finished products for raw material and new ingredient evaluations under direct supervision.
- Compounds some registration samples for product international registration under direct supervision.
- Keeps accurate and complete records for all work completed.
- Performs related Q.C. analysis and required tests on liquid and powder products.
- Assists other chemists with sample preparations.
- Maintains sufficient lab sample inventory to fulfill customer requests.
- Maintains organized and clean working area.
- Weight lifting up to 25 Kg are required as needed.
- Traveling domestically and internationally is required as needed.
- Adheres to all safety procedures and policies.
- Contributes to a cohesive team environment.
- Plans individual workload in coordination with team members.
- Have regular, punctual attendance.
- Performs other duties and special tasks as required and indicated by Supervisor/Manager.
- B.S. Degree in Food Science or other related field.
- At least two years of working experience.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Must report to any company facility according to company need, sometimes with same-day notice.