Class A Driver
Responsible for making local pick-ups and deliveries in a safe and timely manner.
General Description of Duties
Responsible for making local pick-ups and deliveries in a safe and timely manner. Checks each truck driven prior to and after each run, Makes sure the truck or vehicle is in good working condition and meets safety standards, reporting deviances immediately to S & R Supervisor. Responsible for possessing and maintaining current drivers’ licenses, medical and written certifications required by law to perform Class I duties. This individual must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in ways that foster good relationships with clients, co-workers and supervisors, while achieving and enhancing performance standards.
Essential Job Functions
• Verifies all counts and product being picked up.
• Helps load and unload pickups and deliveries on a daily basis as needed.
• Responsible for minor maintenance on trucks, such as filling gas tank, checking oil and water levels, and inspecting condition of tires; must keep trucks clean.
• Makes deliveries and pickups in a safe, timely manner, using the shortest or fastest route.
• Maintains accurate records of mileage, time in and time out on deliveries and pickups; completes trip reports, mileage logs and vehicle inspection reports each time a vehicle is driven and submits reports to supervisor in a timely manner.
• Must report all traffic incidents and violations as well as mechanical violations to supervisor immediately, including personal incidents.
• Responsible for warehouse duties when not assigned driving time. These include pulling orders, loading and unloading trucks, working in freezer, assisting in the performance of any work needed in the department.
• Must keep Class I status updated at all times, completing all requirements.
• Regular, punctual attendance required.
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Vocational training to obtain Class A Driver License.
• Minimum 3 years of commercial driving experience; clean driving record.
• Good written and verbal English skills.
• Must report to any company facility according to company need, sometimes with same-day notice.