The position involves following through the established purchasing process.
General Description of Duties
The position involves following through the established purchasing process. This position requires working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, and other company computer programs. The Maintenance Parts Clerk performs data entry duties within the computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS software), including parts information and inventory of such items. The clerk is responsible for researching, ordering materials, and supplies as needed to promote timely repairs and maintenance of our food processing plant buildings, and equipment. All tasks are performed in accordance with GMP and safety guidelines and procedures especially when entering production areas.
Essential Job Functions
- Follows through with the purchasing process which involves research, obtaining quotes, documenting approvals for purchase, P.O. issuance, order confirmation, and forwarding the purchase information to the purchasing department.
- Receives parts delivered by shipping and receiving personnel and verifies the contents of the package delivered.
- Enters parts into the maintenance software.
- Notifies others of parts received for work orders in order to promote on time repairs or completion of tasks.
- Operates forklift when required for deliveries.
- Inventory control with cycle counts and parts on hand will be conducted as determined by the Maintenance Manager.
- Coordinates returns for rejected or defective items.
- Maintains parts storage areas clean and organized.
- Drives to pick up or to make deliveries as needed.
- Meets with vendors as required.
- May be called to come into work while off-duty as emergencies arise.
- Enforces and improves departmental policies and procedures.
- Performs other maintenance duties required or requested by the Maintenance Supervisor/Manager or arising from a natural or man-made disaster.
- Must be physically able to perform vigorous, strenuous work, lifting up to 50 pounds frequently throughout the day.
- Must have valid Class C California driver’s license and ability to drive company vehicles.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English to perform tasks.
- Must have moderate math skills.
- Must have a proficient level of computer skills.
- Must provide valid telephone number for contact in the event of emergencies after working hours.
- Must be able to lift up to 55lbs.
- Must be punctual, with regular attendance.
- Must report to any company facility according to company need, sometimes with same-day notice.
American Fruits and Flavors, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment upon any basis prohibited by law, including race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, cancer, genetic characteristics, genetic information, pregnancy, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability. None of the questions or information sought in this application is intended to discriminate based upon any status protected by law.