Quality Systems Document Specialist
The position is responsible for producing high quality, easy to understand, documentation that is appropriate for a food production facility and contributes to the overall success and safety of our products and teams.
General Description of Duties
The position is responsible for producing high quality, easy to understand, documentation that is appropriate for a food production facility and contributes to the overall success and safety of our products and teams. The position reports to the Regulatory Supervisor. The role will require close collaboration with the food safety and quality assurance teams, as well as various other internal teams throughout the company, and ensuring a thorough understanding of third party and regulatory agency food safety requirements. This individual must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in ways that foster good relationships with clients, co-workers and supervisors, while achieving and enhancing performance standards.
Essential Job Functions
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements.
- Evaluation and interpretation of regulatory agency requirements as related to HACCP, food safety, and quality.
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience.
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts and various agencies to develop, organize, and write procedures and process documents.
- Evaluate existing documentation for applicability, completeness and compliance and develop innovative approaches for improvement.
- Communicate with department leadership to identify documentation requirements, revise, edit, and create procedural documentation, and ensure documents are stored appropriately.
- Create information templates that uphold organizational, regulatory, and legal standards.
- Become familiar with domestic and international company quality system.
- Assist with third party, regulatory agency, and internal audit preparation.
- Maintain and organize registers required by various departments including, but not limited to, the food safety and quality systems.
- Must have regular, punctual attendance.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for the functions described.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and a keen eye for detail.
- 2-4 years of experience with food industry quality assurance and food safety practices and systems.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics.
- Experience writing standard operating procedure documents and/or technical writing.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite; experience creating spreadsheets.
- Very organized with the ability to take charge of and complete multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to train employees at all levels of the organization, as well as audit training done by others.
- Must report to any company facility according to company need, sometimes with same-day notice.
American Fruits and Flavors, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment upon any basis prohibited by law, including race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, cancer, genetic characteristics, genetic information, pregnancy, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability. None of the questions or information sought in this application is intended to discriminate based upon any status protected by law.