R&D Chemist Assistant
The R&D Chemist Assistant I prepares stock samples for customers and prepares these samples for evaluation by a R&D Chemist or above for quality.
General Description of Duties
The R&D Chemist Assistant I prepares stock samples for customers and prepares these samples for evaluation by a R&D Chemist or above for quality. Assists R&D Chemists in daily work assignments. Performs simple modifications for improvement of existing products utilizing existing and/or new raw materials. Reports to the R&D Manager, but also receives instructions from R&D Chemists or above. Has internal contacts with Quality Control, Production and intercompany lab personnel regarding resources, production and Q.C. procedures. This individual must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in ways that foster good relationships with vendors, customers, co-workers and supervisors, while achieving and enhancing performance standards.
Essential Job Functions
• Compounds new and/or existing products including Juice Concentrates and Flavors based on defined customer or in house requirements with specific instructions on each project.
• Records and documents all work completed.
• Performs all Q.C. analysis and tests required on new products and/or modified products developed.
• Prepares stock samples to fill customer sample requests.
• Maintains sufficient lab sample inventory to fulfill customer requests.
• Performs shelf life studies and stability testing of products.
• Assists in the Q.C. Department in the absence of Q.C. personnel.
• Coordinates and packs samples for shipment to customers with the shipping department to insure the proper handling of the products.
• Maintains organized and clean working area.
• Performs other duties and special projects as required.
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job, nor shall be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for functions described.
• B.S. Food Technology or equivalent education/experience
• Two years of working experience preferred.
• Familiar with a lab environment and the metric system.
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.
• Must report to any company facility according to company need, sometimes with same-day notice.
**Duties and requirements listed on this job description are based on a level I Assistant Chemist. Other levels are welcome to apply.