Facilities Worker – Pacoima, CA
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The position performs the duties of maintaining all buildings and structures and assisting mechanics as needed to keep production equipment in top condition and working order. This position requires experience in building maintenance pertaining to roofing, walls, ceilings, plumbing fixtures, lighting, and building electrical. All tasks are performed in accordance with GMP and safety guidelines and procedures. This individual must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in ways that foster good relationships with clients, customers, co-workers and supervisors, while achieving performance standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists with planning and performance of maintenance work when requested.
- Works under the direction of Maintenance Supervisor and Maintenance Lead to keep the buildings in good condition, with repairs made as necessary.
- Works with others in all technical applications, such as installations of new equipment when needed.
- Responsible for reporting necessary repairs.
- Responsible for completing daily time sheets.
- May be called to come into work while off-duty, as emergencies arise.
- Follows departmental policies and procedures.
- Performs other maintenance duties required, such as some preventive maintenance, and equipment work orders issued by or requested by the Maintenance
- Supervisor or arising from a natural or man-made disaster.
- Must report to any company facility according to company need.
- Regular, punctual attendance.
- Must be physically able to use various carpentry, plumbing, electrical and mechanical tools.
- Must use equipment such as saws, hammers, drills, paint brushes, rollers or sprayers, and power tools such as grinders, sanders, and electric pipe threaders.
- Must have mechanical aptitude.
- Must be physically able to perform strenuous work, with lifting up to 50 pounds, and bending, kneeling and climbing frequently throughout the day.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English to perform administrative tasks.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Must provide valid telephone number for contact in the event of emergencies after working hours.