Flavor Chemist – Pacoima, CA
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
10 years of experience creating flavors from flavor ingredients currently available worldwide. Must be strong in sweet/fruit flavors – namely berries, tropical, super fruits – and in unique non-characterizing flavors for use in food and beverage industries. Knowledge in savory a definite plus. Ability to create ethnic flavors and pair flavors together to create an impact on our customers. Must be well versed in keeping ahead of the trends and continuing to source the newest unique flavor ingredients available.
- Excellent communication skills are a must, with the ability to talk to top customers to determine real needs and convert the concept discussed into a tangible flavor that works and sells.
- Knowledge of US, EU, Asian, and/or South American regulations strongly desired.
- Knowledge of regulations of specific countries and regions worldwide also desirable.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team to accomplish the task at hand.
- We are seeking a competitive, driven, motivated individual who can step into our company and begin to produce immediately without disrupting the current system in place.