Maintenance Mechanic A
Maintenance Mechanic A- With Steam Engineer License – Pacoima, CA
We currently need one for each shift (1st, 2nd and 3rd)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The position performs the duties of maintaining all buildings, structures, and production equipment in top condition and working order, while actively training others when time permits. This position requires a skilled working knowledge of all maintenance crafts and trades with a high degree of skill and knowledge in the performance of at least one craft or trade (i.e. welding, electrical, PLC’s). The position requires administrative knowledge of the CAMS maintenance program and ability to order materials and supplies. Must exhibit leadership skills. All tasks are performed in accordance with GMP and safety guidelines and procedures. Responsible for contributing to the efficient and profitable operation of the plant.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plans and performs maintenance work from start to finish with minimal-to-no help from supervisor.
- Must be physically able to use various carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and welding mechanical tools. Must use equipment such as saws, hammers, drills, paint brushes, rollers or sprayers, and power tools such as grinders, sanders, and electric pipe threaders.
- Responsible for all production equipment and support equipment. Equipment should be maintained in good working order, with repairs made as necessary.
- Submits orders for supplies, materials and equipment as required for maintenance functions.
- Leads in all technical applications, such as installations of new equipment.
- Responsible for entering work orders for necessary repairs.
- Responsible for the overall maintenance of production areas. Ensures all production areas and grounds are maintained in a safe and sanitary condition.
- Responsible for completing daily time sheets.
- May be called to come into work while off-duty, as emergencies arise.
- Helps enforce departmental policies and procedures. Leads by example in these areas.
- Performs other maintenance duties required or requested by the Maintenance Lead, Supervisor, or arising from a natural or man-made disaster.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES FOR STEAM ENGINEERS
- Boiler check at the beginning of the shift.
- Boiler hourly checks on the hour.
- Start up or shutdown of the boiler as needed and scheduled.
- Participate in annual boiler inspections.
- Maintain the plant steam system with repairs or replacement of steam traps, valves, filters and other components.
- Must have a skilled working knowledge of all maintenance crafts and trades with a high degree of skill and knowledge in the performance of at least one craft or trade.
- Must be physically able to perform vigorous, strenuous work, with lifting up to 50 pounds frequently throughout the day.
- Must have valid Class C California driver’s license, current automobile liability insurance and ability to drive company vehicles.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English to perform administrative tasks.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Must own and furnish, for the purpose of performing duties, a set of hand tools as described in the Maintenance Department Tool List.