Order Processing Manager
Order Processing Manager- San Fernando, CA
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Manage the Order Processing Department to ensure that all domestic, international, and key accounts’ orders are processed accurately and efficiently in a timely manner. Oversee the establishment of new, and maintenance of, existing customer accounts and related records. Further, the position will also be responsible for ensuring the Order Processors achieve set performance standard goals. Interface with and support our internal and external sales force when necessary or as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage and supervise Order Processing Representatives, including conducting performance appraisals.
- Effectively monitor the Order Processing service phone lines to ensure that prompt service is provided.
- Monitor all E-mail/fax order details, reviewing for accurate information on purchase orders received and working closely with the assigned Order Processing Representative and customer.
- Provide team members with the appropriate training, tools, direction and motivation to enable their success and ensure the satisfaction of our customers in their business dealings with our company.
- Effectively manage and prioritize stream of emails containing orders, pricing requests, and customer inquiries.
- Actively assist and/or direct in new order /customer/product management, including special instructions for new customers.
- Interface with and support production departments to ensure that work orders are submitted promptly and accurately with adequate lead-time for production scheduling.
- Ensure that all customer issues or special instructions are routed to the Customer Care Department.
- Interface with and support the Accounting Department and keep them proactively informed of any pertinent issues.
- Complete daily inventory check to ensure order accuracy.
- Ensure that all customers are updated and fully informed of order status, delayed shipments, raw material issues, etc.
- Monitor and evaluate all orders and sales processes as well as preparation of order reports.
- Arrange for coverage for any absent team member and assist with their assigned accounts as needed.
- A minimum of five years directly related Management, Customer Service, Sales, and Order Processing experience.
- A broad knowledge of beverage industry and company’s product capabilities.
- A demonstrated record of success with team development, leadership, and multi-tasking.
- Experience with an integrated software system.
- Excellent communication and listening skills, with experience in conflict resolution.
- Self-motivated and results oriented, with energy, drive and the need to complete projects.
- Ability to assist in establishing new systems, policies and procedures.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and outlook) and data entry.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.